Before discussing how to turn off valet mode on Viper Alarm, let us first define what a car alarm is. A car alarm is an electronic device that is installed in a car to protect it from theft. Car alarms make a loud sound, such as siren or horn, when its sensors detect a movement or when the car’s door gets opened. Sometimes, the sound is combined with the car’s flashing lights. These things will scare off any thief especially if the alarm goes off in a public place.
Viper, on the other hand, is a brand of remote start and vehicle security systems; moreover, they also created an app, called the Viper SmartStart which allows you to control your car with the use of a smartphone. In addition, this app is available for Android, Blackberry, and iPhone smartphones. Viper also has a line of window films that are made in the USA. Viper is a brand of the company Directed Electronics Incorporated or DEI which is based in the Vista, California.
Furthermore, Directed Electronics Incorporated is a subsidiary of DEI Holdings, a company owned by Charlesbank Capital Partners.
How to Turn off Valet Mode on Viper Alarm: A Step-by-Step Guide
When your car’s security system is in valet mode, all alarm functions are disabled. This is usually done because your car is being serviced in a garage or because you are using the valet service of a restaurant. Below are the steps on how to turn off valet mode on Viper alarm using your alarm system’s valet switch or with the use of your car remote.
Disabling the Valet Mode Using the System’s Valet Switch
- First, look for the valet switch of your system. This is usually a small, momentary, black button that is in an accessible place, but not noticeable. It is close to the side dash of the driver’s seat. This is commonly on the side of the center console, if there is, or the kick panel cover on the driver’s side.
- When the switch has been found, put your key in the ignition and turn it to “RUN” or the “ON” position. This action will trigger the alarm.
- Once you have turned the key on that position, you would need to press and then release the valet switch once. Ensure that you are doing a quick tap because pressing the valet switch for very long is not going to work.
- After one second, the alarm should turn on again.
An important note: When your Viper alarm was installed, some installers may have programmed the button between one to five presses, but most technicians leave it to the default which is one. Therefore, if pressing the button once doesn’t work, try holding down the valet switch twice. If it still not working, do the same process until you have reached five or until the alarm system turns on or off.
Additionally, if you can’t find the valet switch or it is not working, you need to contact the shop or the technician that installed the system or call the authorized dealer in your area.
Disabling the Valet Mode Using the Remote
- Open one of the doors of your car.
- Press the lock button on the remote. Doing this will turn on the alarm of the car.
- After that, immediately press the unlock button which will disarm the system.
- Once again, press the lock button. This will then let you exit or enter the valet mode of your system.
- Finally, the LED will activate, when you are entering and deactivate when you are exiting the valet mode.
Choosing the Right Car Alarm
Viper has a lot of options when it comes to car alarms which can be overwhelming. So, here is a guide to help you narrow down your options and help you find the right car alarm for your needs.
Some car alarms go off when the door gets opened; however, there are those that go off when its sensors detect a movement. In addition, there are car alarms that also go off when a window gets broken which is called glass break sensor.
Aside from providing convenience, some car remotes have additional features like a panic button. There are also remotes that have a button where you can set off the alarm in case of an emergency. So, choose a remote that have these features for added protection.
An example of a thief thwart is door deadlock. This feature does not let the thief open any door when the thief breaks one of your windows. GPS tracking is another example which makes car recovery faster in case a thief was successful in taking your car.
This feature is helpful in case you have disarmed your car because it is being serviced. When you have this, and your car gets compromised, the car will send a text message to your mobile phone to let you know what is happening.
Disabling the valet mode in a Viper alarm is not actually very hard. The step-by-step guide in this article is very easy to follow, and we have provided two options on where you can disable it. Disarming your car alarm when your car is serviced or when you are using a valet service may compromise your car’s security; however, there are alarm systems, like Viper alarms, that will still protect your car even if it has been disarmed.
This is the reason why we listed the features you need to look for in a car alarm because sometimes, the sound of your car alarm is not enough to protect your car. Some thieves are really smart nowadays; they find a lot of ways so they can easily commit the crime. Therefore, car owners should do everything necessary to secure their vehicles because we never know when these criminals will attack.